We have contact with a growing range of clinical professionals in most parts of the UK, such as gastroenterologists, dietitians, nurse specialists and urologists, who are familiar with the problems caused by Pelvic Radiation Disease. They can often provide useful advice about individual cases and can sometimes take referrals. Please contact us if you wish to find out if PRDA can help you make contact with a suitable professional in your area.
Our Medical Advisory Panel advises the trustees and currently includes:
- Professor Jervoise Andreyev, MBBS, MA, PhD, FRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Charlotte Beardmore, FCR MBA BSc(Hons) DCR(R&T) is Director of Professional Policy at the Society and College of Radiographers
- Rhea Crighton, RN, MSc, Clinical Nurse Specialist in Pain Management at North Devon District Hospital, non-medical prescriber and guest lecturer for University West of England
- Dr Sally Darnborough, Beatson Cancer Charity and Macmillan Cancer Support Lead Clinician Late Effects Pelvic Radiation Disease, The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre
- Professor David Dearnaley, MA MB BCh MD(Camb) FRCP FRCR, Professor of Uro-Oncology at The Royal Marsden, and Prostate Theme Lead for The Royal Marsden / ICR Biomedical Research Centre.
- Dr Lisa Durrant, PhD, MSc. Macmillan Consultant Radiographer for radiation late effects at Beacon Radiotherapy, Musgrove Park Hospital, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Sara Faithfull, PhD, MSc, BSc(Hons), Oncology cert, RGN, Professor of Cancer Nursing Practice at University of Surrey.
- Dr John Green, MBBch MD FRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist at Cardiff and Vale UHB, and Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Medical Education at Cardiff University.
- Dr Caroline Henson, MBBS PhD MRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist at the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust.
- Mr Pardeep Kumar, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCS Urology. Consultant Urological Surgeon, the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Shameer Mehta, Consultant Gastroenterologist at UCLH NHS Foundation Trust, and Honorary Senior Lecturer at UCL.
- Dr Ann Muls, RN, MSc, PhD. Macmillan Nurse Consultant (GI consequences of cancer treatment) & Clinical Academic Researcher GI Unit, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Lisa Punt, DCRT, MSc. Centre Head at Maggie’s Centre at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
- Dr Karen Robb PhD, Bsc, MCSP, Programme Lead for Personalised Care and End of Life Care in Cancer, North East London Cancer Alliance.
- Dr Clare Shaw, PhD RD, Consultant Dietitian in Oncology at The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Rhodri Stacey, Gastroenterology SpR representative to the Welsh Association for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy.
- Professor John Staffurth, Clinical Reader in Oncology at Cardiff University, and Consultant Oncologist at Velindre NHS Trust, Cardiff.
- Dr Claire Taylor RGN, PhD. Macmillan Nurse Consultant in Colorectal Cancer at London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, and Visiting Lecturer, King’s College, London.
- Dr Tony Tham, MB BCH BAO, MD, FRC, MSc. Consultant Gastroenterologist, Ulster Hospital, Dundonald, Belfast, Chair, the British Society of Gastroenterology.
- Mr Ramesh Thurairaja MD, FRCS (Urol), FEBU, Consultant Urological Surgeon, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London.
- Dr Ana Wilson BA(Oxon) BMBCh MD MRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist and Specialist Endoscopist and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer Imperial College London. Trust Lead for GI Consequences of Cancer Treatment/GIANT team. St Mark’s Hospital (London North West Healthcare NHS Trust) and The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
Modified: 15th March 2021