We have contact with a growing range of clinical professionals in most parts of the UK, such as gastroenterologists, dietitians, nurse specialists and urologists, who are familiar with the problems caused by Pelvic Radiation Disease. They can often provide useful advice about individual cases and can sometimes take referrals. Please contact us if you wish to find out if PRDA can help you make contact with a suitable professional in your area.
Our Medical Advisory Panel advises the trustees and currently includes:
- Professor Jervoise Andreyev, MBBS, MA, PhD, FRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust and Honorary Professor at The School of Medicine, The University of Nottingham
- Charlotte Beardmore, FCR MBA BSc(Hons) DCR(R&T) is Director of Professional Policy at the Society and College of Radiographers.
- Rhea Crighton, RN, MSc, Non-Medical Prescriber, Professional Doctorate Student, Clinical Matron for Cancer Services at North Devon District Hospital, Associate Lecturer at University West of England – Independent Prescribing Module.
- Dr Sally Darnborough, Beatson Cancer Charity and Macmillan Cancer Support Lead Clinician Late Effects Pelvic Radiation Disease at The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre, Glasgow
- Dr Lisa Durrant, PhD, MSc. Macmillan Consultant Radiographer for radiation late effects at Beacon Radiotherapy, Musgrove Park Hospital, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
- Professor Sara Faithfull, PhD, MSc, BSc(Hons), Oncology cert, RGN, Visiting Professor, University of Surrey.
Professor, Radiation Therapy, Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Ireland.
- Gina Giebner, RD, MSc, BSc (Hons), Macmillan Late Effects Pelvic Radiation Disease specialist dietitian at The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre, Glasgow and director at The Rehab Dietitian Limited.
- Dr John Green, MBBch MD FRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist at Cardiff and Vale UHB, and Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Medical Education at Cardiff University.
- Dr Caroline Henson, MBBS PhD MRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist at the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Claire Higham, BA, DPhil (Oxon), MBBS, MRCP (Diabetes and Endocrinology), Consultant Endocrinologist, Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Mr Pardeep Kumar, MB, ChB, PhD, FRCS Urology. Consultant Urological Surgeon, the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Shameer Mehta, MBBS BSc(Hons) MRCP AFHEA MD(Res), Consultant Gastroenterologist, The Royal London Hospital, Honorary Associate Professor, University College London.
- Dr Ann Muls, RN, MSc, PhD, Macmillan Nurse Consultant (GI consequences of cancer treatment). Clinical Academic Researcher, GI unit, at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust.
- Dr Lisa Punt, DCRT, MSc. Centre Head at Maggie’s Centre at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
- Dr Karen Robb, PhD, BSc, MCSP, Programme Implementation Director for Cancer, Movember UK.
- Dr Clare Shaw, PhD RD.
- Dr Rhodri Stacey, Consultant Gastroenerologist, Swansea Bay University Health Board.
- Professor John Staffurth, Clinical Reader in Oncology at Cardiff University, and Consultant Oncologist at Velindre NHS Trust, Cardiff.
- Dr Claire Taylor RGN, PhD. Macmillan Nurse Consultant in Colorectal Cancer at London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, and Visiting Lecturer, King’s College, London.
- Dr Tony Tham, MB BCH BAO, MD, FRCP, MSc. FESGE, Consultant Gastroenterologist, Ulster Hospital, Dundonald, Belfast.
- Mr Ramesh Thurairaja MD, FRCS (Urol), FEBU, Consultant Urological Surgeon, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London.
- Susan Vyoral, RD, BSc (Hons), Macmillan Oncology Dietitian, Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, Surrey.
- Dr Ana Wilson, BA(Oxon), BMBCh, MD, FRCP, Consultant Gastroenterologist and Specialist Endoscopist; Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer Imperial College London; Deputy Director Bowel Cancer Screening Programme (St Mark’s); Co-Chair Colorectal Pathway Group RMP; Trust Lead for GI Consequences of Cancer Treatment, London North West Healthcare NHS Trust.
Modified: 23rd June 2021