Leaving a gift to the Pelvic Radiation Disease Association in your will
Being a supporter of PRDA can take many forms.
- Perhaps support and information from PRDA has touched your life, or the life of a loved one, in a meaningful way?
- Perhaps you want to help the voices of people affected by Pelvic Radiation Disease to be better heard and understood?
- Perhaps you wish to help ensure more health professionals understand Pelvic Radiation Disease and how to treat it?
These are all things that our charity aims to achieve. Leaving a gift to PRDA in your will would make a significant difference to the lives of people affected by Pelvic Radiation Disease, and those who may be at risk in the future.
Miss B left PRDA a generous legacy. Someone close to her has been badly affected by Pelvic Radiation Disease following treatment for cervical cancer. Thanks to Miss B’s generosity, PRDA is now investing in more direct contact with health professionals, so that they understand more about how to treat PRD, and how to signpost their patients to the support that PRDA offers.
How your gift could help
These are just a few of the ways that a gift in your will could make an important difference to people living with poor quality of life due to Pelvic Radiation Disease:
- Fund nurses to be available on the PRDA help-line so that people contacting PRDA receive the best professional advice and guidance
- Develop an online forum to allow people affected by PRD to get support and advice more easily
- Help professionals to meet together to share knowledge and skills on treating PRD, and to collaborate on research about PRD.
Mr P had been affected by Pelvic Radiation Disease for many years and was a longstanding supporter of PRDA. He appreciated the support that came from talking to fellow patients who were experiencing the same kind of symptoms. Sadly, he died recently, but very kindly left money to PRDA in his will. This legacy is helping PRDA to update its leaflets and posters so that we can reach more people affected by PRD.
How to make a will
If you are making a will for the first time, there is government advice at https://www.gov.uk/make-will.
Further information about leaving a legacy to charity can be seen here https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/leaving-gifts-to-charity-in-your-will.
If you have already written your will and had it witnessed, and would like to add a gift to PRDA, you will need to make an official alteration called a codicil. We would be happy to supply you with a codicil on request – please get in touch.
Mr D has been a supporter of PRDA for many years, as his wife has Pelvic Radiation Disease. He wants to help PRDA to continue its work to make Pelvic Radiation Disease accepted formally as a medical condition, so he has written a codicil to his will to give PRDA a small gift, alongside gifts to his other favourite charities.
Modified: 26th July 2021