Join Rad Chat hosts Naman Julka-Anderson and Jo McNamara for a brilliant insight into setting up a pelvic radiotherapy late effects service with guest Jane Hall, Advanced Practitioner for Late Effects.
Jane shares top recommendations for setting up a late effects service including:
- Setting up a stakeholder group
- Communication planning
- Embedding awareness of the referral pathway
- Practicalities of the service
- Measuring the effectiveness of the service
- Getting an executive sponsor
Links to resources discussed in the episode:
- The PRD Best Practice Pathway
- The Society of Radiographers Radiotherapy Late Effects Special Interest Group
- Sheffield Hallam University course – Prehabilitation and Rehabilitation for people living with cancer
Rad Chat is CPD accredited
Rad Chat is a podcast is designed to educate and inform healthcare professionals working in oncology. The podcast is split into four core themes: education and workforce development, people living with and beyond cancer, equality, diversity and inclusion and leadership. The podcast is an easily accessible platform to promote the profession and share patient stories and experiences. Read more about Rad Chat.