On Saturday 24th April 2021, PRDA brought together a line-up of experts to discuss Pelvic Radiation Disease at our first ever virtual conference.
This was a great opportunity to learn more about what the charity does as well as gaining new insights into self-management of Pelvic Radiation Disease (PRD), current research and management of PRD symptoms.
The virtual conference featured eight presentations:
- “I want my life back” – collaborative report by Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust and PRDA.
- Pain management for people with Pelvic Radiation Disease by Rhea Crighton, Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- What happens at a Radiotherapy Late Effects Clinic, by Dr Lisa Durrant PhD BSc, Macmillan Consultant Therapeutic Radiographer for radiation late effectsat Beacon Radiotherapy, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Taunton.
- Sex matters! – Psychosexual difficulties for people with Pelvic Radiation Disease, by Dr Isabel White, Psychosexual Therapist.
- Research into Pelvic Radiation Disease by Prof Jervoise Andreyev, Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hon Professor, University of Nottingham.
- Meeting the needs of people with psychosocial difficulties due to Pelvic Radiation Disease, a joint talk with Willie Auld, PRDA Trustee, and
Lisa Punt, PRDA Trustee and Centre Head at Maggie’s Cambridge.
- Managing urinary problems due to Pelvic Radiation Disease – a nursing perspective by Prof Sara Faithfull, Professor of Cancer Nursing Practice, University of Surrey.
- Managing gastrointestinal problems due to Pelvic Radiation Disease – a primary care perspective, by Dr Anthony Cunliffe, GP and Joint National Lead Macmillan GP Adviser.
- PRDA highlights of the past year show reel.
The conference is free to access but any donations, however small are very welcome, and will help us to continue our support services that make such a big difference to people affected by the debilitating symptoms of PRD.
Modified: 12th July 2021