PRDA 2021 Annual Conference recordings:
Living with Pelvic Radiation Disease
- “I want my life back” – collaborative report by Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust and PRDA with Rebecca Shoosmith, Chief Executive (Acting) Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust
- Pain management for people with Pelvic Radiation Disease by Rhea Crighton, Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- What happens at a Radiotherapy Late Effects Clinic by Dr Lisa Durrant PhD BSc, Macmillan Consultant Therapeutic Radiographer for radiation late effectsat Beacon Radiotherapy, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Taunton.
- Sex matters! – Psychosexual difficulties for people with Pelvic Radiation Disease, by Dr Isabel White, Psychosexual Therapist.
Clinical Management & Developments in Pelvic Radiation Disease Research
- Research into Pelvic Radiation Disease by Prof Jervoise Andreyev, Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hon Professor, University of Nottingham.
- Meeting the needs of people with psychosocial difficulties due to Pelvic Radiation Disease, a joint talk with Willie Auld, PRDA Trustee, and
Lisa Punt, PRDA Trustee and Centre Head at Maggie’s Cambridge.
- Managing urinary problems due to Pelvic Radiation Disease – a nursing perspective by Prof Sara Faithfull, Professor of Cancer Nursing Practice, University of Surrey.
- Managing gastrointestinal problems due to Pelvic Radiation Disease – a primary care perspective, by Dr Anthony Cunliffe, GP and Joint National Lead Macmillan GP Adviser.
Modified: 15th July 2021
Information on other sites
(PRDA is not responsible for the content of external sites)
Dr J Andreyev, Royal Marsden Hospital:
Action Radiotherapy’s Webinar ‘Late effects of radiotherapy: A patient’s perspective’
Experts in Pelvic Radiation Disease (PRD), Dr Helen Ludlow and Dr Lisa Durrant discuss current research and services for PRD. Rhea Crighton, who is a pain nurse specialist and member of PRDA’s Medical Advisory Panel, gives insight to the patient perspective of Pelvic Radiation Disease.
Links to clinical guidance resources discussed in the webinar, and more, can be found on our website under Resources and Documents.
British Institute of Radiology webinar (2017) on ‘Pelvic Radiation Disease exposed’ by Dr Ana Wilson Consultant Gastroenterologist and Specialist Endoscopist, Trust Lead for GI Consequences of Cancer Treatment, St Mark’s Hospital, London. Please be advised that to watch any video on the BIR website, including free videos, you will need to create a free account on My BIR. Creating a free account is fast and most efficiently done via Google Chrome. Some versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox do not work with the BIR website.
Dr Claire Taylor, Macmillan Nurse Consultant in Colorectal cancer:
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust Information video:
The Pelvic Radiation Disease Association (PRDA) has compiled a list of clinical guidance and information on Pelvic Radiation Disease for professionals and patients, which includes external links
- Macmillan information about pelvic radiotherapy.
- The Practical Management of Gastrointestinal Symptoms of Pelvic Radiation Disease (J Andreyev et al, 2014). This is the most comprehensive guide to managing gastrointestinal symptoms of PRD.
- Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust information about Pelvic Radiation Disease.
- Guts UK information about Pelvic Radiation Disease.
- Action Radiotherapy is a group that campaigns for access to the best radiotherapy for all.
- Feature on PRDA in the Society of Radiographers website.
- Blog about PRDA on the Cancer Care Map website.
- Feature on PRDA on the RadPro365 website for radiotherapy professionals.
Modified: 15th July 2021