Access to welfare, benefits and the other health-related concessions can be complex and confusing, with different eligibility criteria and different agencies involved deciding on claims.

As a small charity, we are not able to give individualised information or advice on welfare, benefits or health-related concessions but below are some useful links which can help you access further information on:

Help with prescription costs

  • NHS prescriptions are free if you’re aged 60 or over.
  • A medical exemption certificate entitles you to free NHS prescription where you meet one of the eligibility criteria, which includes people undergoing treatment for ‘the effects of cancer treatment’. You will need to complete a prescription charge exemption form (FP29A) at your GP practice. The certificate is valid for 5 years and you will need to renew it completing the same form with your GP practice.

Help with water bills

We understand that some people with Pelvic Radiation Disease require higher essential use of water for things like: numerous toilet flushes, additional laundry needs and additional showers/baths.

  • You may qualify for WaterSure, and have your water bill capped, if you are on a water meter and claiming certain benefits.

Benefits for you

There are a number of benefits you may be eligible for depending on your circumstances such as:

The Citizens Advice website has information to check what benefits to claim if you’re sick or disabled.

Benefits for someone caring for you

You may be entitled to Carers Allowance or Carers Credits if you are providing regular and substantial care to someone. You can find more information on Carers Allowance and Carers Credits on the Citizens Advice website.

Help and advice 

There are a number of charities and organisations that are free to access and can provide help from a welfare rights adviser.


Modified: 27th July 2023