This is a part-time honorary post, working from home. The office-holder will need their own, preferably not shared, computer.
- Handle all payments/receipts and reconcile to monthly bank statements.
- Undertake all book-keeping and produce interim Income & Expenditure reports as required for meetings etc.
- Prepare and update annual Income & Expenditure Budget as required.
- Prepare annual accounts for audit and sign off with Auditors.
- Handle fund-raising websites and gift aid reclaims.
- Work with fund-raisers, reviewing funding applications.
- Deal with all filings with Companies House and Charity Commission.
Make sure the charity’s financial resources are adequate for present and future spending and that proper accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Additional duties may involve leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives and other issues in which the trustee has special expertise, and positively representing the Charity.
- Attend Trustee meetings, usually in London area – about 8-10 per year (although Skype or FaceTime may be acceptable).
- Attend conferences if required.
- A background in accountancy, or bookkeeping, auditing, financial management and governance.
- Competent IT skills, especially spreadsheet.
- Experience of Charity work, including SORP, and fundraising would also be an advantage.
Please apply in the first instance to PRDA, PO Box 602, Epsom, KT17 9JB, or use our contact form.