Here is a selection of documents and articles to help you to understand or deal with Pelvic Radiation Disease.
PRDA has compiled a list of clinical guidance and information on Pelvic Radiation Disease for professionals and patients – download here.
- The Marsden Algorithm. “The Practical Management of the Gastrointestinal Symptoms of Pelvic Radiation Disease”. Designed to help clinical nurse specialists in conjunction with a gastroenterologist to investigate and treat symptoms following pelvic radiotherapy. Dr J Andreyev et al, published in Frontline Gastroenterology 2014 www.fg.bmj.com.
- The Orbit Trial – Abstract from The Lancet (Sept. 2013). Algorithm-based management of patients with gastrointestinal symptoms after pelvic radiation treatment
- Radiation-induced bowel injury: a neglected problem. James W Denham and Martin Hauer-Jensen – an article published in the Lancet online September 23, 2013.
- Practice Guidance on the management of Pelvic Radiation Disease. Download from Gut – BMJ paper by Dr J Andreyev et al. 2011
- Managing Lower Gastrointestinal problems after cancer treatment: a quick guide for health professionals. Published by Macmillan.
- Leaflet for Health Professionals
To order go to the Leaflets page
- Why does Pelvic Radiation Disease happen?
- General Information about PRDA
Help with managing PRD
- Exercises for improving bowel control. Patient handout from the GI Unit of the Royal Marsden Hospital. 2007.
- Improving the way your bowel works, for people with constipation. Patient handout from the GI Unit of the Royal Marsden Hospital. 2009.
More information is available on our Videos and Links page.
Modified: 11th May 2019