Polly Haydn Jones completed this year's 42 km Paris Marathon in 4 hrs 31 min, rasing sponsorship of over £1600 for PRDA. We're really grateful for this fantastic effort by Polly on our behalf and would like to thank the many people who gave so generously in sponsoring Polly.
Polly came straight back to Exeter University, where she is completing her final undergraduate year, to complete her dissertation. In her own words - "I am now back in Exeter library and am trying to finish my dissertation in Spanish. I feel like my real marathon is only just beginning! Plodding around the streets of Paris was a doodle in comparison to what I am doing now…! "
We wish her every success with her studies and want to convey our heartfelt thanks for her fantastic effort on our behalf.
Cancer scientists seek to stop radiotherapy's side-effects on 'friendly' gut bacteria
- The Royal Marsden - leading the way for the management of patients with cancer treatment related gastrointestinal symptoms read more
- Need to find a loo when you're out and about?
- The Kings Fund has produced a really good narrative and animation to explain the new and very complex structure of NHS England to people affected by cancer. You can view the animation by following this link.
- A lighthearted look at life with a stoma bag, by PRDA patron Virginia Ironside.
- Macmillan Cancer Support have published an extensive report on the long term consequences of treatment for many different cancer types. To view the full report click here.
- New 'Game-changing' Cancer Database is announced. Read More
- BBC Radio 4's food programme looked at diet and cancer recently. You can see presenter Sheila Dillon's article taken from the programme by following this link.
- GIVE AS YOU LIVE. Now you can help us at no extra cost to you, by simply shopping on line. Follow this link for more information.
- Virginia Ironside mentions PRDA in her article 'Where to Wee', in the Independent
To see all news items to date, click on the dates to the left