Your donation will make a big difference
The Pelvic Radiation Disease Association is a small UK charity with a big voice but we need your help to reach more people affected by PRD.
You can make a one-off or regular donation on our Virgin Money Giving page or via our Give as you Live page
using your credit/debit card, or PayPal account
A gift from you could help us do so much more for people affected by the debilitating and embarrassing long term effects of pelvic radiotherapy. With your help, we can provide more information, support and advice to the 100,000 people living with Pelvic Radiation Disease (PRD) in the UK.
We know just how valuable it is to be able to chat with a professional, or with other people who have also experienced PRD as a patient or carer, so we would like to fund a nurse-led help line and expand our on-line support and advice service. We also want to do a lot more to educate all health professionals about how they can help improve people’s lives.
We urgently need your help. Please consider donating – any amount, small or large, will make a difference. See below for ways to donate.
- £10 could pay for leaflets and posters to raise awareness of the support PRDA can provide
- £25 could help pay for running costs of a patient support group
- £50 could pay for a nurse to support 2 people over the phone to receive advice on how to manage their PRD
- £250 could help pay for maintenance of our directory of health professionals so that we can connect more people with services that help people affected by PRD.
One-off donations – It’s easy to donate electronically to PRDA through Virgin Money Giving, Give as you Live and text message:
- Virgin money Giving – you can make a donation using your credit/debit card, or PayPal account
- Give as you live – you can make a donation using your credit/debit card
- Text – You can now make a donation of between £1 and £20 by text message. Simply text PRD and the amount you wish to donate to 70085. For example, to donate £10, text PRD 10 to 70085. The text will cost your donation plus one standard message rate.
Regular gift – Giving a regular gift can make a huge difference to PRDA as it gives us regular income and keeps admin costs down. If you would like to be a supporter of PRDA you should decide an affordable monthly/quarterly/annual amount to suit your budget. Choose your payment method and set up the payments:
- Standing order
- Virgin Money Giving (using your credit/debit card, or PayPal account)
- PayPal – coming soon
PRDA can provide you with an annual receipt for your tax return. Please request this from email@example.com or phone 0800 121 6811.
Donation by post – If you prefer to pay by cheque, please make your cheque payable to PRDA, and send to:
The Treasurer, PRDA, 62 Norbiton Avenue, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 3QP. Please send a Gift Aid Form with your cheque if you are eligible for Gift Aid.
Wedding, Birthday or Anniversary gifts – Family and friends are often pleased to be asked to donate to charity instead of buying gifts. Please consider asking for donations to PRDA. You can do this by:
- Creating a fundraiser post on your Facebook account – you will need to go to the option from the menu and select Pelvic Radiation Disease Association as your chosen charity.
- Virgin Giving (using your credit/debit card, or PayPal account)
- PayPal – coming soon
Give in memory of a loved one – Making a donation in memory of a loved one is a very special and meaningful way to celebrate their life and remember them. For a small charity like PRDA, we are always very touched to receive these donations and very grateful for the lasting difference it can make to others coping with Pelvic Radiation Disease.
We would be very pleased to honour your loved one’s memory in our Newsletter – please contact us with your wording (please limit to 150 words).
There are a number of ways you can support PRDA in memory of someone:
- Make a donation in their name (see above)
- Collect at a funeral or memorial service, and send the amount to PRDA (see above)
- Take on a fundraising challenge
- Create a tribute fund.
Leave us a gift in your will – A gift in your will ensure that PRDA will benefit from your support in the future.
Please see our legacies page for more information.
Modified: 26th July 2021